- Navigate to Preferences by clicking on the Window -> Preferences Menu Item
- Navigate to Java -> Editor -> Content Assist -> Favorites using the menu tree (or search for Favorites using the search bar at the top)
- Click the New Type button
- Type in the name of the Class that has static methods that you would like to be used when using Eclipse's Content Assist / Code Completion (eg Assert)
- Click on the Browse button which will bring up the Open Type Dialog using what you entered previously as the search criteria
- Find the class that you would like to add, and then click Okay on the Open Type Dialog
- Then Click Okay on the New Type Favorite Dialog.
If this helps, pay it forward....